CEL, P0171 and P0174, elbow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith 2

Reaction score
A couple days ago, my trac started idling rough and within minutes the CEL came on. I pulled the codes and got P0171 and P0174, O2 lean on both banks. A quick check in the archives of this board indicated that there was a particular hose "elbow" prone to failure that would give these codes. Sure enough, that is what I found--crack in this elbow (see photo). The one question I could not find the answer to is how to get a new one. Does anyone know the part number and approx cost?

[Broken External Image]:

Update: Nevermind, I found the part #, I just didn't realize Ford sold the whole assembly (pipe and two elbows) as one part. I think I'll pull the hose and try my luck at Autozone for a close match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a hose @ autozone that had the same bend and cut the excess off, it cost like 4.00 don't remember P/N they let me go to the back and pick it out myself.

Searched and found it in a post from Todd...

Motorcraft # KCV - 190

NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA

OR

OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

Adam,

Also with all that oil in there, you PCV valve may be failing...

I recommend changing that too...

Todd Z

I just had to replace mine! No codes or errors. The trac runs great. I'm in the middle of installing the PA body lift and I noticed the crack in the elbow. I had to go get some parts that had broken due to rust so I picked up the elbow while I was there.

Latest posts