Cell Phones

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant 1

Reaction score
Evening all,

I currently have a new Moto Razer 2. I was happy with it for a short time, but now I do not recommend buying one, both my brother and I have one and we both have problems. Long story short, mine is broken and I need a new phone.:angry:

The two that I am looking at are the Samsung Slyde and the LG 9100. Anyone have either of these phones and what can you tell me? Any input would be apprecitated...

Thanks in advance:)

Brant (the first one)

i had the razer and the same thing happened to me. it crapped ouit after 1 1/2 years. i happend to like it but went with the lg chocalate. hate it !

i would just be happy with the no bells and whistles small little nokia i got my wife

When we re-uped this summer my kids said, ".... Dad, the Razors break all the time". I took their word on that given the fact who knows more about phones then kids. We have 3 LG's and have had no problems in the first 6 months. Quick-story: About a week after we got one of them my son left it on the ST bumper. Well, we rode to a store, and when we got back he had the "OH CRAP" look on his face. He told me that he was playing basketball and left it on the bumper. So, we took a shot and drove and we found it, beat up bad, run over, but still working (mostly). I had a replace service (he's tough on phones), and Sprint replaced it no issues (didn't charge me as well --- opps, maybe should not have said that--), but all of my kids like the LG model. My wife and daughter have KATANATM LX by Sanyo (Black) and they have no issues, and think the battary life is very good. Anyhow, hope that helps.

I had the sliding version of the RAZR. Not a bad phone and durable. I just don't like texting on it. I had a RAZR too, and had the same issue. Both phones still work, but the batteries got old quickly and wouldn't hold a charge for long.

Now I have a Nokia E71. Great phone! It is basically a mini-computer and phone in one. I don't even need my laptop when I travel anymore for short personal trips.

c3a0d1a6bb05117102a7f63c7d98f686.jpg

I had the sliding version of the RAZR. Not a bad phone and durable. I just don't like texting on it. I had a RAZR too, and had the same issue. Both phones still work, but the batteries got old quickly and wouldn't hold a charge for long.

Now I have a Nokia E71. Great phone! It is basically a mini-computer and phone in one. I don't even need my laptop when I travel anymore for short personal trips.

c3a0d1a6bb05117102a7f63c7d98f686.jpg

We had Razors too and are so glad they are gone. What a piece of junk!

We were going through the charge in about half a day if using it for any amount of time. The range/sensitivity is about half of the Sanyo phones.

Now I have a different problem. I'll post another message for it.

Thanks for the imput... Its interesting to note that the first razor was a great phone, and now I have lots of people telling me the new one is junk. Glad its not just me....:blink:

I ended up going with the LG 9100... hope it will be a better phone :wacko:

Brant

My son has one and I cannot wait for the contract on it to expire. I've already had it replaced under the first year warranty. His phone will just randomly shut down even though it has a full charge.

I have to agree with Dingo. I had the Razor V3 for three years with zero problems. I have the razor V8 now and haven't had a single problem with it.

Latest posts