Census

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
What info are we REQUIRED to answer on the census? I don't want to give them more info than is REQUIRED by law.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Just got mine today. All they asked for is # in the house, names, birthdate and if you live there full-time. Simple, because I was thinking the same as you. Didn't want to give out any personal info (salary, SS#, etc.) BC

I got mine today. Took about a minute to complete. A friend of mine said it took about two minutes for a household of 2 adults and 2 kids.

Age, DOB, race, name, and a phone number for them to call if they have trouble figuring out your answers. That's all they asked.

Contrary to the conservative email forwarding network, this is one of the smallest and least personal Census in history.

Tom

If it "gets lost in the mail", there will be a census PERSON come to your door! Just fill it out and send it back. Another great way for the Govt to spend OUR $ to figure out where the people are that need to get more handouts. IMHO :btddhorse:

I received a letter from the Census last week saying the Census was coming. I thought that was the Census. What a waste of mail. Still waiting.

got my form today, but how can I complete it today when it wants to know how many people (were living or staying in this house) on April 1, 2010? any coincidence about that date??? hhhmmmmm??? Must be a joke.:cheeky:

If you don't mail back the form, or it gets lost in the mail, a Census worker will make a visit to your house to complete a duplicate form.

That letter you got last week cost a few million now, but, based on the results of similar letters during past censuses, will save many millions more in the long run. I understand that mailing will result in a 5 or 6% increase in returned forms, which saves Census workers from having to go out and pick them up in person or sit down and complete the forms for the recipients in the recipient's home.

April 1st has always been Census day.

I was going to send them a letter telling them that they'd be receiving my completed form in a few weeks.:cheeky::bwahaha:

I recieved 2 census forms. Both had the same questions. The difference was one was in english and spanish. The other english only. Same thing with the early notifacations. That the census was coming. 2 letters, both in english though.

I filled out the one that was english only. It offends me that my tax dollars were wasted on multiple language forms.

I think that all the forms should be english only. If the resident doesnt send it back. Send INS to there house and check for citizen status....

Nick,

Did you do the same thing 10 years ago or is the because Obama is in office and we are all on the "watch"?

Tom

I was one of the random people who got a pre-census last spring. For my daughter I left the part blank about "Is person #3 employed full-time?", "Is person #3 unemployed?", and "Is person #3 looking for work?" A few months later I get a phone call from the Census Bureau asking to complete that question. I 'splain that person #3 is 15 years old and in high school, not employed, and not looking for work. There weren't really correct answers for my daughter considering how it was worded. The caller from the Census Bureau sounded confused after that.

I will only answer question #1.

Actually this answers the most important question, how many people live in your home. It takes 2 minutes to fill it out unless you have a bunch of people living with you. I would rather do this than have someone knock on my door. I did not give fill in the question regarding my phone number.

The letter you got last week cost taxpayers $85 million...

Actually, according to this new report, it was about half that. And, again according to the report, well worth it:

"We figure we save just by doing the pre-survey letter anywhere from 240 million and 500 million dollars depending on the return rates," said Gerdes.

Latest posts