Center consol arm rest

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Gay

Reaction score
Well, I was leaning on my center arm rest the other day, reaching for something in the back seat before I started driving and POW! The plastic support at the hinge, on the underside of the arm rest, broke (now why didn't they use metal, or at least a metal reinforcing bar?). I'm facing a 16 hour one-way drive over Thanksgiving, and I don't want to be down an arm rest! But I also don't want to get gouged at the dealer, especially since I just bought 4 new tires (getting installed tomorrow - yay!). Any suggestions on where to pick one up? I can't just replace the underside plastic part, since one of the screw mounting tabs has busted off - I need the top and bottom.

Yeah, I saw that. It looked good (since its metal), but it says only 2002. Would it work in my '04? And I'd still need a top.

Had something similiar happen to me, before we moved to Texas from Wisconsin, so what I did was epoxy the break enough to hold and put my big cd case under it for support, just to get me through the drive, it worked great, when we got to Texas I was lucky enough to find one on ebay.

Well, I guess I'll go ahead and get the replacement bottom and try and epoxy the one screw housing on the top part. Hopefully that'll work until I can get a replacement top.

Latest posts