Check engine light on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
Its been a while since Ive been on the site...I have been moving an all, but in all the running around my check engine light came on!:angry: A did not get a chance to take it my local auto store to see what code was coming up asap, so a couple days later the truck started running bad, wanting to stall out at stop lights, etc.

So I did finally got it on the scanner and its telling me that it running to rich on gas.

They told me to try and change the air filter-looks clean to me...or it could be a bad fuel injector.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem?? :(thanks Tyler

the truck is 02 with about 75,000 miles

By chance do you have the exact code number?

It might help to search for the specific code and see if anyone before has had this problem.

Running rich is an indication the Fuel Pressure Regulator is defective. If so, what happens is the vacuum that is attached to the Regulator has no or almost no affect in the regulator. As a result, it allows the fuels to run at full pressure or near full pressure.

If you come up with it running lean, then check the elbow that is an issue on several of our Tracs. Pictures are in my library if you need/want them....

Check for the bad vacuum elbow. They told me the same thing....dirty air filter or O2 sensors. Pull the vacuum elbow off...don't just look at it while it on the truck. If you find a hole in it...then it's a quick and easy fix........

my check engine light started coming off and on intermittently several weeks ago. i took it to the shop, they hooked it up and the code was 0401. it ended up that my pdfe(?) sensor was bad. it says on the invoice .. 'emissions gas flow problem'. they charged me $45 for the sensor and $45 for labor. i dunno if that's a good deal or not .. i had it done on the air force base here. maybe that'll help. :unsure:

Latest posts