Check Gage?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Ohnsman

Reaction score
Last night on the way home the "Check Gage" (yup... that's how it's spelled on the light) indicator came on in my 2003 ST. I'd not seen this before. My fuel level was very low however, so this morning I filled up the tank (a mere $67.75 worth - ouch!). The "Check Gage" light went off.

Is the purpose of this light to report any gage activity it feels is notable? Can I expect to se this light anytime my fuel is low? When else might I see it? Is it something I should have checked out by the shop?

Thanks...

Gage is a acceptable way of spelling Guage.

What that light says is "Look at your guages you big dummy." A low tank is a good reason to alert you to look at the guages. It sucks to hae to walk to get gas.

The guage will also come on if the engine gets too hot, the volt meter goes low, or the oil pressure goes low.

Tom

The Check Gage light illuminates whenever the fuel gauge reaches E, the oil pressure gauge reaches the low hash mark, or when the coolant temp gauge reaches the high hash mark. It's to alert you to check your instrumentation. Normally the Check Gage light will illuminate with around 2 gallons left in the tank.

Latest posts