Check Parking Aid light is on…

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
The “Check Parking Aid“ light is on in the center of my speedo info bar. I listened for the beeping sounds and all 4 rear sensors seem to be working fine. What else can I check to figure out why the beeping no longer sounds when I go in reverse?

I had the same problem a while back and fixed it myself. Download the Forscan tool and order the Veepek USB OBDII adapter and it can read the codes and tell you which one is bad. Then just order a new sensor off Ebay and replace the bad one.

Forscan can also do a ton of other stuff (like program your own PATS keys) so it is worth having.

https://forscan.org/home.html
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7W14X9

Thx but I already checked the sensors ”by ear” and none were out. Strangely, at the same time I noticed the ”check parking aid“ light coming on and no more beeping sound - one of the cargo lights on the third brake light over the bed had gone out as well. So I ordered two replacement led aftermarket bulbs of the same brand (Alla). Put’em both in and voila! They both worked and now my Check Parking Aid light is off and my warning beeps when in reverse are now back in working order. I’m wondering if those are always tied in together in all the STs or maybe the guy I bought it from did that himself. When I removed the third brake light cover there was a lot of permatex used for a homemade gasket and the wires to it were spliced in to other wires….no harness visible where it connects. So now I don’t have to replace the sensors which I had intended to do next. Yeah, I need to buy a scan tool for future issues…🤓

For a total of $18 you can have a tool that will be able to read the codes the next time it happens so you'll know where to look for the problem.

Latest posts