Chrysler announces death of models.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryW Gilliland

Reaction score
Going Away

Chrysler is expected to announce the death of the following models next week:

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Chrysler Sebring

Dodge Avenger

Dodge Caliber

Dodge Grand Caravan

Dodge Nitro

Jeep Commander

Jeep Compass

Jeep Patriot

<From the Car Connection 10-30-2009>

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise here other than the Jeep brand... I thought that was not being sold... oh well

I'm not surprised about any of them. The Jeep Compass and Patriot were merely re-badged clones of the Caliber and Nitro. They weren't really true, "trail-rated" rugged Jeeps. All four of those model weren't very good.

Sebring/Avenger constantly received bad reviews for poor quality.

PT Cruiser is still built on the old Neon platform. And sales dropped off dramatically after the first couple of years.

With Chrysler now the only domestic (oh, wait, they're foreign-owned by Fiat) maker of minivans, it's clear that the market for them has severely diminished, so why sell both the Caravan and Town & Country?

What does that leave them with?

1. Dodge Cars: Challenger, Charger, & Viper

2. Dodge Trucks: Ram, Dakota, & Sprinter

3. Dodge SUVs/CUVs: Durango & Journey

3. Chrysler: 300 & Town & Country

4. Jeep: Grand Cherokee, Liberty, & Wrangler

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the Jeep Wrangler and the Magnum and Charger aren't on that list.

The Grand Caravan may be gone but the Caravan is still there, isn't it?

The PT is a niche market that is pretty much used up by now, I think.

How is a dodge sprinter a truck?

So the "Big C" (cancer to my wallet) will have only one actual car that isn't an overpriced "performance" car? Guess that new trend towards smaller more fuel efficient cars was just bogus hype, because Obama's personal car company is acting as if it doesn't exist.

And the 300 is a piece of junk anyhow. "And look at you, you don't even have a name, what chance do you have? Just give up" (Abridged Nigel Powers)

It's kind of ironic that the car that the government is bringing in to issue us is from a company called Fiat.

The Dodge Grand Caravan might have been their best seller because it was so crappily built that people always had to buy another, as it was cheaper than repairs.

Years ago, the family had a Grand Caravan. It was plagued with problems, and one day the transmission magically died, and a grand was necessary to revive it. A few weeks later, engine trouble started up, the seat belt mechanisms broke, and despite the "investment" that was pumped into it for fixing the problems, the DNR on it was honored and we dropped that crap for the honda odyssey. (Which, while being far better, is always needing some expensive maintenance, but it is a honda after all, so this is expected...and it can't be driven on dirt lol)

Latest posts