Cigarette lighter port

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ofcourse... i have my phone charger in there 24-7

Todd Z

Hay guys,

There was a post a year or so ago from an owner that left his plugged in and it started a fire. Be aware. Ed

I just bought this mini flashlight that goes into the cig lighter. I'm afraid to leave it in there 27/7. Just not sure if it keeps pulling from batterey once charged. It has a red charging indicater light on that never turns off. Does anyone know if it's ok to leave it in there all the time? I'm thinking it could'nt use much more than the "theft" light that blinks. ??? Also, does anyone leave their GPS plugged in all night? I can manually turn the monitor off but the adapter has a green on light that stays on. ??? Thanks

Thanks, I just had to ask since everything I've plugged in there has had intermittent charging as if there was bad contact. However the lighter has always worked perfectly so I started wondering if the port itself had a timer and not the lighter element itself.

Markaprice73, I don't leave chargers and devices plugged in when they're not in use. I definitely won't leave my gps out to encourage theft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like to encourage theft either:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts