Citizenship Test

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it. I'm sure it's evident but what am I missing?

Woohoo!

827cffe7cd7cf60d4eae3299829e89cd.png

Senators were supposed to represent their state legislature. The 17th Amendment makes it so that they are neither appointed by nor beholden to the state legislatures but I was unaware that it "overwrote" the part (Section 3, Clause 1) of The Constitution which asserts that Senators represent the legislatures; it isn't in the text of the 17th Amendment.

I couldn't continue with the test after that point, I just didn't want to deal with the political correctness that I knew would be headed my way.

...when 2 of the questions asked are "Which ocean does the West Coast of the US border?" and "Which ocean does the East Coast of the US border?" I wonder if there's really a point to this test.:grin:

Okay, I see. I understood why they had the answer that way but wasn't sure why you objected to it at first. I would kind of expect a "citizenship test" to also be an advertisement for the greatness and inclusiveness of our government.

I thought those questions about geography were odd as well. I didn't finish the test since I only started it as a break from studying (constitutional law as a matter of fact) and realized it was dragging on too long and was a test more appropriate for third graders (or high school graduation tests in the public schools:grin:).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts