Cleaning MAC intake Filter... How long to let air dry?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Just like the title says. I am cleaning my MAC intake Filter with the K&N filter cleaning kit. I just rinsed it off and was wondering how long I need to wait until it is dry. :unsure: After that, I believe it is just putting on the oil and putting it back on the ST. Thanks for any input.

Tommy

I have had it on the ST for about 14 months. I might have 16,000 or 18,000 miles on the filter. It wasn't too bad, but I got the cleaning kit for free and I have a little time tonight. I just checked it and it seems moist, not dripping. So maybe another half hour before I oil it and put it back in. Thanks for the input guys.

Tommy

I would recommend waiting overnight.... that way all the excess oil has a chance to drip off the element. Otherwise you risk clogging your IAC in the intake.

Good call Darin. I figured it was ready to go and picked it up to put it back in and it dripped a little oil. It was too dark after about 30 or 40 minutes, so now it will wait overnight. Thanks.

Tommy