code reader

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I have a check engine light, so I borrowed a ce-ten94169 code reader. It says P0316 O2 censor. Next it says to clear the code, push enter again to menu 2 which is clear codes. However, when pushing enter, it just shows me the code again. Does anyone have experience with this reader and can suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Ed

is there a "e" button on the scanner? on mine i hit the e button and it says "Sure?" you press it again and it clears the code.

Hi Mark, no e only enter and that doesn't do it

Erasing Codes (Pages 12-13)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I have the Manuel, the reader won't go to the menu.

Thanks l1tech, I will make sure that is what I read from the reader. I still cant get to the menu 2 to turn off the code. This happened a year ago coming home from the same monthly meeting!!!

Go figure Ed

Not sure about the '02 trac. BUt my '04 has to have a "OBD2-CAN" type reader. The "CAN" is the key about the reader. Stands for cotroler access network........

OK, I don't know what I did differently but this time (3days trying) it went to menu 2 and I could clear the code. Thanks guys maybe good for another year!!!

Ed

Thanks guys maybe good for another year!!!

What caused the p0316 trouble code and how did you fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha swshawai'i I don't know, the check engine light came on, cleared it with the code reader. This same thing happened about a year ago coming home from the same monthly meeting

Ed