Cold air intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsk8r6

07 sport trac limited
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I installed cold air intake on my 07 4.6 all sensors hooked up and all vacuum lines no check engine light on but the truck lags when accelerating then will kick back in what could be my issue

Attachments

• 6515AF2A-2800-4A89-9043-D6719E05C6B4.jpeg
    6515AF2A-2800-4A89-9043-D6719E05C6B4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
“Cold” air
😛

But looks like that is a different maf housing(bigger)? Did you tune for it? What intake is it?

No I didn’t tune for it didn’t know I had to. I unplugged the battery hoping to reset it. What else do I need to do? I just ordered the Maf sensor off Amazon

The Maf sensor should be fine(the sensor by itself) if it’s the right part number. Is the new housing the same ID as the stocker? THAT is where your issue could be. Personally, I would reuse the stock maf sensor though. Only time I’d recommend an aftermarket maf sensor is when you’re at the limits of the stock one.

You can use the factory housing-if you cut it off the stock air box. Not ideal, but most likely would solve your problem-if that new filter is 3.5”(I think that’s what I used on my setup)

Hate to say this, but it’s always smart to do some research before you modify a vehicle. Some things are as simple as bolt in and go, some are most certainly not 👍🏼

Here is the stock housing utilized without the stock air box. In case you want to know if it’s actually doable… ;)

Attachments

• A6682D54-21DC-44EA-AD01-DE34A70354A8.jpeg
    A6682D54-21DC-44EA-AD01-DE34A70354A8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Sometimes the filter has to much oil on it and causes a issue, try and remove for a minute and see if hessatation goes away, it will be off with air fuel ratio but see if it changes, normally they will not do any thing major when to much air flow if stock but restricted it will choke out, but as blown09 mentioned if sensor is off then yea that controls the flow, but intake exhaust or programmer does not change performance enough to cause major issues. if ya had a blower or turbo added then you would need to tune but would be so sick and worth it.

The Maf sensor should be fine(the sensor by itself) if it’s the right part number. Is the new housing the same ID as the stocker? THAT is where your issue could be. Personally, I would reuse the stock maf sensor though. Only time I’d recommend an aftermarket maf sensor is when you’re at the limits of the stock one.

You can use the factory housing-if you cut it off the stock air box. Not ideal, but most likely would solve your problem-if that new filter is 3.5”(I think that’s what I used on my setup)

Hate to say this, but it’s always smart to do some research before you modify a vehicle. Some things are as simple as bolt in and go, some are most certainly not 👍🏼
Tragic lol I looked at all I could find about the setup so I just went the best way I could with everything hooked up so I gonna need to used the stock housing? Or make sure the filter is 3.5 or bigger?

Here is the stock housing utilized without the stock air box. In case you want to know if it’s actually doable… ;)
Thank you bro I think I’m gonna do that just like that

Just make the cut as clean as possible as close as possible to the air box lid. A bit tricky, but a dremel can get it done fairly easily(or reciprocating saw).

Originally, when I put the blower on I was using the stock maf housing and stock maf without issue. You should not need a tune if you utilize the stock maf and stock maf housing.

That’s not to say a tune won’t help a good amount!

Okay thank you and I used the stock sensor the only thing that wasn’t stock was the the filter and the Maf adapter and piping

If you could find somebody in your area with a sample tube, that fits that MAF housing then you can use that aluminum housing. The sample tube is what is calibrated to your injectors. (ie: 24lb/hr)

Slot style mafs don’t utilize a sample tube(housing diameter is the sample tube equivalent).
But you are correct for some older maf styles 👍🏼

Slot style mafs don’t utilize a sample tube(housing diameter is the sample tube equivalent).
But you are correct for some older maf styles 👍🏼
It is fixed now thank you guys I appreciate the help

Latest posts