cold air intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Doogle

Reaction score
I've seen many posts about installing a cold air intake to improve performance. Naturally the K&N should be the brand-name-macho first choice. But what about the various units found on ebay for around $75 with shipping? For example, ebay item # 8026968126. Is there really any difference?

Thanks.

I just ordered a cold air intake off ebay for $60. + shipping, it has not arrive yet but I'll let you know how it works out. The part I ordered was from KJ Motoring, couldn't find a K&N or any other "name" brand for my models' year - '05.

I shopped for a long time. K&N is the ONLY one that I know of that has the warranty it offers. In essence, they will replace it if there are problems with it. Also, when you go to different brands, consider the possibility of gauze breaking apart.

Ed

I have also ordered the same intake from KJ motoring. It's supposed to be here today. From what I understand you use take you MAF sensor off and attach it to the new intake. Thats how the projects i've seen on this explain it. It attaches to the new intake before the air filter, same spot except stock it's an air box. Looks pretty simple. I'll update once I start playing with it tonight. Assuming KJ Motoring ships when promised. There was no way to read the feedback from this seller. They have made it private ,which worries me a little.

Latest posts