Color decision

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Helstad

Reaction score
I will be placing my order for my 4th ST soon. This will be a 2010 Adrenalin. Does anyone on the site have a picture of their Gen 2 Adrenalin in Red or Silver? I currently have an 08 Limited V8 in silver and really like it. I may consider the Colorado Red to fit with my job (ARFF Fire Chief), but then I think it may be to noticeable when I stop for happy hour.

Any info/thoughts/pictures appreciated.

Rod

No one has Red yet that I know of.... White, black and silver was added this year to the site...

Go red !!

Todd Z

Saw a guy that manages a Mr. Clean car wash here in Canton, GA gave him a card today

while we were pulling thru the drive thru at the bank.

He had a Red Gen 2 STA. Looked real nice...of course.... he manages a car Wash?!?:cool:

There's a red one in my town that looks great, but I'd go with white or silver if it was mine. Red is a little too flashy for my taste.

and remember, the police LOVE red!:angry:

Note true.

The "Red Car Bias" Myth: A commonly held misperception is that red cars tend to receive more speeding tickets than do cars of other colors because of their flashiness. There's also the supposed optical illusion created by their color that makes the cars appear to be going faster than they really are. These are both fascinating theories, but the fact is, according to Carolyn Gorman, vice president of the Insurance Information Institute and Insurance Trade Association, "there is no data to support the assertion that red cars receive more traffic tickets than cars of any other color." Still, the urban legend has been widely accepted in American society.

Funny, I got more pull overs in my little red datsun with the 4 cylinder engine that I have blowing through speed stops in either my white or black trac.

Got, over the 3 years I had it, 5 pullovers, with 2 tickets for speeding. One for 8 miles over the speed limit, and the other for 10 miles over. The 3 that were let go by the officers were, as they put it, must be because my guage is not working correctly. but I never got a fix it ticket.

I have gotten 0 speeding tickets in either trac in the 8 years I have had them. And I average 85 on the freeway (when no family), and at least 5 to 10 over on non-residential streets.

Myth or no, i believe it.

Might have more to do with the "little" and "datsun" aspects, than with the "red" aspect.

It might also have more to do with how you drove a "little datsun" than how you drive the trucks.

And since you said the datsun was past tense, while the trucks appears to be current (or at least more recent past) tense, it may have to do with the age of the driver--both in how you drove at the time, and in how the cops perceived drivers of that age.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't speeding in the datsun near as much as now. The old car wouldn't handle much over 60! Even the old grey mustang didn't get pulled over as much, and that was the car I got after the mustang. Was in my early 20's. Was doing 90 on the freeway with the stang. Again, didn't get pulled over as much with that as I did the datsun.

Even my wife got pulled over in her red saturn coup more than any other ride she has had.

I think it depends on a lot of factors that are just too variable. I live in an area where there are a lot of 'upper class' rides. Ferrari's, Bugatti's, and what not. Same with crotch rockets. I think they are watched, no matter the color, more than trucks. High speed lanes on the freeway here are for 'passing only', so those lanes are watched more than the 'slow lane'. I use that more than any other when I want to go fast.

Maybe its because I have gotten 'smarter' in my high speed skills. Area's cops will likely hide, how to use rigs and other larger vehicles as shields. When to and when not to speed. I don't know.

All I am saying is that I believe red is watched more than any other color. But thats just my opinion.

No one has Red yet that I know of....

Poor Dad. Went to Louisville '06, too. :)

[Broken External Image]:

Taken inside a flood dam on the Lehigh River in the Poconos. Obviously it was during the summer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Local ford dealer had a red adrenaline for a few months. I't looked really nice.

Interior on the Adrenalin is much improved over the Limited- that would be reason enough to get one!