Compliments

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe B 4

Reaction score
Is it just me or does everyone else get compliments on how nice of a vehicle the Sport Trac is? I mean I went fishing yesterday and had folks walking up to me and asking to look it over, then saying they ever seen one and it is the perfect next vehicle for them. Two guys mentioned they were going to Ford directly after the trip and I told them it was going to be hard to find one, only two at dealers within 40 miles of my house. Just my opinion but it seems to me Ford creates a perfect vehicle for the market early and then when the market get ripe they end they loose focus and try to develop the next big thing. Bad Timing to me. If I was Ford I would refine vehicles such as the Trac, better MPG would sell these units fast. My 15-16 city and 22-25hwy is good enough for mebut the V8 w/cylinder shut off would have me buying another for the wife.

Better mileage would mean unibody construction, lowering it, awd instead of 4wd, 4 or 6-cylinder engines, skinny tires and a smaller vehicle overall.

If you want gas mileage, get a Focus.

No compaints about mileage here? Just thoughts on a higher level to get Ford Competitive again. I hate seeing the imports have the better options and longevity in their model lines. Oh yeah, I am looking at a Focus SVT in the future, good blend of mileage and performance.

Cylinder shut off does not net the MPG gain you would expect. The last article I read about it said, at best, 10%.

Tom

Caymen, I expected 10% MPG gain from cylinder shut-off. ;)

J/k. Hey, it does all add up though.

I'd still have my ST if it got better gas mileage.

TJR

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. If I drive the speed limit, accelerate going down hill, coast going uphill, do not wait until the last second to stop, I can get almost 23 MPG going to and from work.

If I drive like an idiot, I get 15 MPG.

What do i have to complain about. I fill up once a month. Today it cost me $75.00 to fill the tank. Big deal. I use 1 gallon of gas per day.

Tom

What do i have to complain about. I fill up once a month. Today it cost me $75.00 to fill the tank. Big deal. I use 1 gallon of gas per day

Wisht that was the case for me, I drive forever to work...like 50 miles, so I just got a 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre for my commute. Though I do get compliments on the ST also...I have been seeing a lot of them down here in the phoenix area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a lot of compliments, also a lot of "What the heck is that?" Not many Tracs around here.

I usually explain that it's an SUV for people who need to haul dirt.

Gee, u guys are lucky. I'm happy if I hit 12 in town. But I have done most of the performance mods yet. ..and yes, I do get a LOT of compliments and questions about it.

One guy thought it was an F150.

Speaking of compliments--

I took the kayak to one of PA's many awesome mountain parks/lakes. While running into the office to get a 2008-2009 launch sticker, a guy was checking out the ST. He really liked the utility of SUV + truck (I had the kayak in the bed, ratched to the internal tie-downs and to a receiver shackle in the receiver).

It's almost as if many people never saw one. But, with Ford's low-key marketing strategy, I can see why.

lol JohnnyO... your right about that. I only rented a trailer once, they asked what I was pulling it with, I just pointed to the truck out the office window, and he never even asked.

maybe its because of the nice weather and the trac staying cleaner longer, but i have been getting a LOT of stares and looks as i drive through the street.