Congrats NEWMAN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
although he is not my favorite driver, congrats to him and the team! what a race!!!!! thank god an american car one! anyone who didn't watch the daytona 500 missed out!

Kyle Busch probably had the fastest car but he screwed up by going below the yellow line. He had no choice but to back up or be penalized. Stewart was behind him and lost his momentum as well. What a shame...:D

it was a great race and good to go for penskie racing... Rough day for hendrics o well they will get then done in cali.....

This a was a great race i love nascar.....

Here's how much I follow racing--when I say the subject line in the message postings, I thought this must have something to do with the character from Seinfeld... :D

In fact, what an interesting intersection of posts today--The Daytona 500, the Knight Rider movie, and the mailman character from Seinfeld. The Daytona 500 and Knight Rider both involve famous muscle cars that have been enhanced beyond factory specs; The Daytona 500 and Seinfeld both involve "Newman"s, and Seinfeld and Knight Rider both involves "Knight"s (Wayne Knight, in the Seinfeld case).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad non of the Hedrics won! Watching Gorden go out then Jimmie lose it on his own were the high points of the race!!!!!!!:D

I was pushing for Tony! Good race either way. Not a Toyota fan, but a big Gibbs racing fan. So, I am sticking with them even though they went to Toyota. I fiquere I cheered for them when they drove Chevys, so why not in a Toyota. Sure wish they drove Fords. though.

come on, brand specific? these cars are NOT stock cars and haven't been

for almost 20 years. at least in the mid 80s you could go to the dealer

and buy something that at least looked like the same car on the track.

now they are all the same car with with different decals on the front and back.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota as far as I'm concerned i will root for the driver

of the car and not the brand, i have been a Bill Elliott fan since 1984 and when

he switched to dodge didn't stop rooting for him because of the switch

am i happy that hes back and in a ford? hell yeah I'm happy he's back but

i could care less what brand he's in and once he retires for good

i will officially be in Kyle Busch's camp no matter what he drives

whether it be a Toyota:blink: a Dodge:wacko:a Chevy;) or a Ford:wub:

Kyle Busch probably had the fastest car but he screwed up by going below the yellow line. He had no choice but to back up or be penalized. Stewart was behind him and lost his momentum as well. What a shame...

Yeah, he (K. Busch) actually followed the rules for once. Good for him. I actually thought he did a pretty good job. It's hard to lead the most laps then screw up, but he accepted it without being penalized....

Personally, I think it's pretty crummy that a lot of articles in the news today are not saying how great it was the Newman won and how humble he was, owing it all to his teammate's push. No, instead, the articles focus on how "Stewart messed up". Personally, I agree with a previous statement made, in a previous thread that Stewart is not earning the respect of all of NASCAR.

Congrats to Newman for being a good winner, thanking all of those who helped him get there, and being very humble in the process. I like seeing the good sportsmanship.

I think Tony was just frustrated he was so close to winning, he gets along with Newman well and gets along with most of the drivers. He's liked among the drivers and teams more than most realize. I was pulling for him, ..and to be so close and lose that had to hurt. BTW I didnt see him try to bump on Busch (Kyle's brother) ha ha! So that was good sportsmanship :lol:

Rich M, I root for the driver as well, He can't help what his team owner puts him in...and really it's not about the car...it's the driver. I know my driver would prefer, a potiac (not used any longer) or ford or chevy...but he's in a toyo... do I turn on him because of that. Nope, my driver has skills (even though alot of folks knock him) the truth is ..he is a great driver and other owners, teams, drivers and fans.."know" this. So it does not matter about the car..it's the driver that gets the job done (with the help of his pit crew) :)

You're always the positive one GM :lol::D:D

I respect that you support Tony, and I will say I respect his skills as he avoided wrecking in the last few laps when the guy (can't remember who) lost control and slammed into the wall in front of him. He avoided the hit, and even avoided getting caught up in it. That was awesome driving. However, I know that everyone near where I was were joking that if he had wrecked because of that guy losing control, he probably would have followed that guy into pit row and punched him in the face. That's just what people think of when they think of Stewart...

:lol::D Of coursse, Jenn! So are you! :D

but..nah he would'nt have punched him....not while he's still on probation :lol::lol::D