Console Lid...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Coleman

Reaction score
I have an 01 and covering of the center console lid has cracked up where my elbow always sites. Does any one have a clue where I can get this part replace and for how much? It's just the hinged lid peice.

Thanks!!

Just for comparison sake, they're about $85-90 at the Ford dealer. I just got one because I was getting rid of my 2001 in a hurry (I didn't have time to wait for an ebay auction).

The one's on ebay aren't what I have on my truck. They look like a kind of arm rest and not a lid cover. If you look in my pic library you'll see what I have. It's just a lid cover over the compartment that holds cd's. etc...

Kefguy.. thanks for the info.. I called a deal a while back and I think they had the wrong part, they were asking $190... ouch...

There are some people that advertise on Ebay where you can take the cover loose, ship it to them, and they will recover it. I did this with my '00 Explorer, it costs $50 or so (much cheaper than buying even a used part) and it only took them a few days to get it back to me. Also, the replacement vinyl was much stronger than the original. It still looked great when I sold the car and bought the Trac.

Try bringing it to a local detailer or interier repair shop. I had the same problem, a hole where my elbow sat. I brought it to an upolstry and they recovered mine for $45. It is pretty simple, you can take off the bottom side of the lid and see that it is just material stapled to the lid.