convertible choice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't consumer reports give the ST a bad rating too? I don't know I'd trust CR either way. I'd go more with personal experiences, of myself and those I know (and trust).

Of the 3 cars you mentioned, I'd take the Honda. Much cheaper maintenance costs, and a very rare car which should be worth quite a bit when you trade it in.

I haven't driven any of them, but I say go American. That being said, my experience with the TT and S2000 are as follows:

Recently toyed with a TT in my Porsche 928S4 5spd, he floored it, I floored it and about ran right through him he was so slow, let off the gas, let him get a car length lead, floored it and I was immediately all over him again. I did this several times, like a cat playing with a mouse, batting it around letting the mouse think it could get away then smacking it again. (Too much traffic to actually blow by the TT and it was actually more fun to toy with it.)

With my previous car a 93 RX7 TT 5spd, I beat a S2000 easily as we both accellerated from a stop light up a highway ON ramp that was 2 lanes.

I don't care for the looks of the Porsche Boxter (not on your list) I did until I saw it has 1 exhaust pipe coming directly out of the rear center, kind of resembeled something if you know what I mean.

I don't care for the TT, if you want one why not get the VW convertible? :)

The Honda and BMW are both nice looking vehicles, I think the Honda is lacking in torque which is what kept me from even looking at one. I had to deal with NO Torque with the RX7. The BMW would be my choice without actually having driven any of them.

Wow thank you for all the response. All the advice mentioned actually crossed my head already, I'm going to test drive that TT with 19k either today or tomorrow.

Z4- best looking, name but maintance is expensive (prolly do it myself)

TT- Best deal, overall tops -- GF thinks 22k for '01 is too much.

S2000- nice, but alot in HOUSTON, cheap maintance.

BoxsterS- (was option) but maintance would prolly break me. & hate plastic back window.

still could testdrive SOLTICE and SKY when they come out (but i dont trust the companies)

as for the mustang, I love that car BUT after having 2 ford SUV/ 1 chevy -- i dont trust american cars as much (even though problems came after 80k miles)

Damn! I opened this thread with interest because a co-worker of mine offered to sell me his '67 Galaxie 500 convertible today for $3500. It is a daily driver, looks a little rough, but not bad.

I guess I am in the wrong thread...:eek:

Fer,

Love those Alfa Spider Veloces!!! A good friend of mine's father owned one, and we used to love cruising around Tahoe in it! Or cruising to Reno...

Latest posts