Cracked Elbow Piece - Know where I can get one

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Nadler

Reaction score
Thanks Todd Z for the helpful hint. I opened up the hood and bam, there it was, piece is cracked. I went to the dealership to try and get a new one and the guy told me he had to order the whole hose... not sure if I can get just the piece or not. If I do have to order the whole unit, is there a part no. or specific name so I can just order it online, the guy at the dealership was a real pain in the a$$. A buddy at mine down at Midas said he'd replace it for free for me, I just need the part, it's something he can't get. Any help would be awesome. Thanks for all the input so far...

Many have took the rubber elbow to a parts store...let them match it up with something that will work....

As fast eddy said you can use a pcv elbow or a piece of heater hose. JUST 1 word of caution, the hose if it is too soft will be collapsed when the engine creates the vacuum, so get a good piece..

IF you can Waite, my dealer has 2 on order for me, I am picking at least 1 up tomorrow.

I think there was some one in line in front of you, But let me know...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I purchased a bypass hose from autozone, sorry dont have the part number, but it worked perfectly,just had to trim for length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

Let me know how much they are and when you think you'll have one. Thanks.

One quick question too... could that crack possibly cause the car to stall. It stalled the other night on me and then started right back up and haven't had a problem since.

Sure can make it stall. It is affecting the fuel to air ratio. The larger the crack the more it affects the system. If your waiting for a replacement at least put some black tape over the crack. Don't wrap it so tight you close the hose though...

I have to disagree with those that say to use heater hose, etc.

You should never use heater hose or vacuum hose to replace fuel lines or PVC hoses. The PVC hose is exposed to highly corrosive combustion gasses that will deteriourate most hoeses unless they are designed for that application. And as Todd said, many hoses will collapse under the vacuum pressure unless they are designed to for that use.

You may be able to find a compatible PVC elbow at an auto parts store, just be sure it is designed for PVC use.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator: