Cragar's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Poorman

Reaction score
Are these the correct soft 8's to run without any spacers?

I'm tired of screwing around with my spacers, they have been nothing but trouble for me.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Jerry

Its been a day....I knew good ole Autotire had cross threaded a lug nut a while back, but I hadn't gotten around to take care of it. Well today I changed my oil, and then I was going to take my wheel off, then the spacer and get a new stud. Well, turns out 3 of the lug nuts were cross threaded so took some time to get the wheel off. Now the wheel is off, now i get to the spacers. The bad thing about the spacers is the hole for the nuts isn't big enough to get an impact socket in, so must use the chromes. I couldn't get any of the five to budge with a breaker bar. Then called my local mechanic and he made a house call with a longer breaker bar. Two sockets broken and the truck sits on jack stands with 1 lug nut off the spacer. So, i'm done with spacers...i'm ordering new wheels and tires and i'm going to see how far i can launch the spacers.

How many spacer are still good? plenty of people on here are always looking for them and they'd probably buy all four if they just needed to replace a couple studs for the right price.

I'm going to replace the studs in the bad one. So I can drive it in the mean time. But will be selling the spacers and probably the wheels with 1/4 tread tires on them. Can you confirm if our lug nuts are 1/2 - 20?

IIRC, you could also get those Soft 8s with 3-3/4 backspacing.

Yep, you're good to go with that setup. What size tires you plan on running? You could run the 3.75"b.s. setup as well with no issues, the caliper and the tierod end are the two things you have to clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will be 15 x 8. I was planning to get the 4" B.S. Will the 15 x 8 with 4" B.S. clear the calipers?

These will work just fine. Check my library to see what they will look like.