cruise control buttons

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug brandin

Reaction score
I need new cruise control buttons. My covers (soft rubber) are splitting and the control has trouble engaging (sometimes). My '01 had hard plastic buttons. Does anyone have the correct parts number? There are several different ones listed on e-bay. Thanks

2001-02 (Motorcraft SW5928)

2003-05 (Motorcraft SW5942)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the comments on Amazon might be mine. Although I have a 2003, the one marked for the 2002 was the replacement for mine...

Doug- There are two are made for the Gen 1 ST. Only this one will work on your 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
swshawaii; I don't have an '01, I have an '05. The question is; are the parts interchangeable? If so' what is the part number for the earlier model? The hard plastic buttons seem more durable.

My '01 had hard plastic buttons.

This was in your OP, sorry for the confusion.

YOUR '05 REQUIRES THE SW5942 SWITCH.

I am looking at the part number mentioned for the 2003 -2005 ST. The photo on Amazon does not look like the on my ST.

Is there different part numbers for different packages (LST, XLT...)?

My '05 Sport Trac XLT needs these buttons, but the item pictured for Motorcrfaft SW5928 in the Amazon listing shows somewhat flat tops. The listing says it fits my vehicle, but my unit has a pointed top like Motorcraft SW5928 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5DUN2/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=).

Help!

Latest posts