cruise control on/off switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Robbins

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but, my cruise control on/off switch on my 2003 ST, specifically the ON switch pretty much disintegrated, has anyone else had this happen? And if so, is the part expensive, and how difficult is replacement?

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks all, another question, it shows the on/off as on the right, mine are reversed as in the picture, on/off on left side, also, i only need the switch/buttons component, not the wire harness and both switches, is that available, once again thanks for everything on this board!

Might just be a generic pic. I would contact them first. I have an '04 mine are opposite also.

I think it comes as a complete assy, with the harness. I think you can buy rhe individual sides also. Not both.

Eddie, a comedy of errors huh? Geez, and I don't even have cruise control.:rofl:

Easy fix...see the projects section. Just be careful and don't accidentally swap the connector wires. It will cause the horn to continuously sound when the battery is reconnected.

Funny this topic came up. I just replaced my cruise control switches tonight. Took me an hour but I'm a very slow worker. My on/off switch was worn and burned out. The right sideways a tad worn but replaced them both. I used the amazon.com link mentioned above for parts. 9 years on the switches is pretty good in my opinion.

Be carefull on which switch you order. The switches on my 2003 were really 2002 switches. The 2002 switch has a padded rubber on/off switch and the other one is also partially padded. The switch mentioned above is not like that. My ST was built in 10/02, so maybe they did not have the newer switches yet...

Latest posts