Cruise control problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I was on my way to work last night and was going to use my cruise control and it would not come on. I had this problem about a year anda half ago but I can not find the paper work I got from the dealership telling me what the problem was. Is their anyway I can look it up online with my VIN number? Or should I contact the dealership again?

Andrew

Andrew,

If your ST is still under warranty, take it to the dealership. If not, check the fuse.

The humidity in S.C. may be causing a problem.

David

Like TracNJack said.... try the horn. For some reason Ford likes to run the cruise through a coil in the horn relay.

My E150 had an issue with cruise one time and I stumbled across the horn not working. Found the relay had come unclipped and inverted..... got filled with water some how. replaced the relay and the cruise started working. later found out why.

I have not used the horn lately, I will try it out on my way home from work. I have an extended warranty on it, I'll also check the fuse to see if that does anything. I hope this works because I hate going to the dealership. But it would give me a good excuse to check out the new ST's. Thanks for the help. I keep yall posted.

Thanks

Andrew

Same issue-cruise indicator flashes but it won't stay on....just had the servo and steering wheel switch replaced under warranty...worked once then died again...horn is working...though....any ideas??