Cruize Control ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou2 tiu

Reaction score
I Just relamp the right cruize conntrol switch in the steering wheel. Question, I hit the ON switch with engine idling,the SPD CONT light in the dash board not ON. Is that normal? But the SPD CONT light work above 30mph and when I hit the brake the light turn off. The owner manual is not specific about SPD light. My japanese car when I hit the ON switch it stays ON no matter the condition of the car.

Thanks, I haven't use my cruize control for a while I forgot how the Spd Cont light work..For those question what type of bulb I used, from Radio shack, cheap 2 for $1.49 lost the part number but it a small 12v lamp with a long leg contac wire, and I used it in my Head light sw also work great last a long time.

i had a unusual problem this weekend with my cruise control. when i set my cruise control the speed control light flashed and the cruise control did not engage. i then pushed the off switch on the control and then tried to set cruise control and had the same problem. After messsing with it a little more it did finally work and i have not had the problem since. i only have 10,000 miles left before the warranty expires. should i have it looked at?

any help?

Ted,

I'd have it looked at soon.

It may have "set" a code, and if so it should be a warranty issue.