Custom Bored Throttle Body is On

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Todd Z has been working on this semi-secret project for a few weeks now, and it looks like it's finally ready. I got mine in the mail yesterday, as did WFoy. We both put them on, and the performance increase was definitely noticable. Mid range power and throttle response is greatly improved, this is definitely a mod for those wanting performance. Todd said they will flow another 26cfm, which is equivalent to having a 70mm throttle body. I really can't say enough, it's like my engine was choking before and now it's able to breathe in all the air it wants. I wrote up a project and sent it to Todd for him to look over, and after a few changes, it will probably be up next week. Todd is also working on pricing for members here, but really, I would rank this up the list with intake and exhaust the difference is so noticable. I know WFoy is also working on a tune for it, and I can't wait to get that loaded up. Anyways, here's some teaser pictures for yall.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Larry,

They don't modify the bore of the throttlebody, they just reduce the cross section of the butterfly valve along with the screws and throttle shaft. As you can see in the photo's above there is far less restictions in the air flow path at full throttle.

The same thing has been done to carburators years ago, and carb manufacturers started making them with thinner cross section butterflies and throttle shafts.

If it is done right, most vehicles will have a slight HP gain, especially at full throttle speeds at higher rpms. The only risk to this mod is insuring that the screws do not come loose. Suck one of them down the intake, and you may be replacing the whole enigine. So most people who do this modification will either us epoxy or permanent thread locker on the screw or stake the screws to prevent them from loosiening and backing out. I'm sure Todd is taking those measures but it would not hurt to ask him to be sure and know which method he is using.

I like it. It's something you can see with your naked eye. Good job Todd !

...Rich