~ D R O P is here!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Here are the results: 1.25" drop with Calhoun Performance Springs (15% stiffer than stock)

Ride height is noticeably lower....wheel gap was reduced from 5.25" to 4"

The handling is GREAT! I'll keep you posted if they settle!

BEFORE:

[Broken External Image]:

AFTER:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool deal....

It is noticeable in the pics, more the rear then the front, But it should settle nicely and look awesome !!!

Todd Z

Definately looks better...

2x that would be even better. Actually I wouldn't think twice (as I am now) about it if the front was 1" lower and the back stayed the same (as the lowered pics)... from what I thought I seen in previous discussions, this is totally possible, and will wait some more to see if it comes around.

Either way, looks really good, congrats!

bill barber said:
is the diff worth the price?
it's all that is out there....and yes I think so! if there was a possiblity of gettgin a 2" drop would say teh 1.25" was snot worth it.....but that option is not possible.

I struggled for a while on the decision...just wish now I would have done it earlier. This really is a great handling truck now and the stance is what it SHOULD have been from the factory.

I agree with XST...wish it could be lower, but that option is not available!

Here are some more pics.....the STA is D I R T Y though!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

i think thats about as low as i would take it anyway unless i had it on adjustable air bags. i would having to worry about scraping everywhere

I think you're on to something........

Not very noticeable from stock but what can you do about that right? Maybe you can get larger wheels, 22's might be perfect. How's the ride quality?

I'm going to be installing my drop next month so I'm excited about that. Busting my a$$ at work doing overtime right now to keep up with all the spending this wonderful season entails.......:banana:

He has 22s. And the drop is really really noticeable when you're near another Explorer or ST.

A reccomendation for those wanting to upgrade wheels:

Go with 22x9's and 285/40-22 tires.

I'm NOT too happy with my setup!

My setup is: 22x9.5" wheels and 265/40-22 tires.

the tires could be a little taller taking up more fender gap ...problem is I can not go bigger cause I will have rubbing issues caus my Rims are too wide! So they tell me!? I'm still gonna try it when these tires wear out.....IF I don't get different wheels by then! ;)

Nocturnal, Good advice..

What about if your STA is AWD, how does the larger tire size affect that? Now that I see this drop, im thinking that a 24" wheel would give you pretty well what you'd be looking for.

XST said:
im thinking that a 24" wheel would give you pretty well what you'd be looking for.
I will have to look into that!!!

Acccording to BigWheels.net they do not offer a wheel for our truck in a 24"....

Pretty sure I want to stick with the 22's....even then the wheel choices are limited compared to the 20"!

I will keep looking though.

Latest posts