Dam manifold leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcirtap

Reaction score
Heard it the other day just alittle, been worst past few days on start up. Really notice it when u get move and are giving trottle. Figured i would take a look and low and behold a busted bolt. It was actually laying on my parking space floor. Got an appointment monday to get it checked out. Truck still under powertrain warranty till may or 100000km, only at 87000km. .

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thats alot of rust on that stud. My '04 studs arent' rusted like that.

Wth all the leaks on the gen2. Ford must have used some inferior hardware.

Actually drivers side was replaced June 2011. They should have just done both sides at that time. Just happy that it broke before warranty ended, which actually ends may 11th...

I am very glad that I read these posts a year ago - When I changed heads, I actually threw the factory bolts away - replaced them with stage8 with under 1000 miles - Thanks to the guys here!

Well car at the dealer this morning. All is good, they confirmed manifold of course :)....Manifold should be in tommorrow and installed. Should have my truck back wednesday. Yay. All covered under powertrain warranty. They also gonna change my drive belt just part no labour ( saves me the trouble) can't wait to get it back. Sucks they wont pay for my rental, but wtv....