Dash lights flashing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Geller

Reaction score
Hi,

Wife just called and the lights on the dash and radio are starting to flash intermitentaly while driving at 50mph. (ABS light, radio lights, etc..)

I assume this is a weak battery, loose connection or alternator?

Can someone advise which it would be most likely?

Thanks.

Could be a dirty dimmer control. I've seen that more times I can count. A little electronic contact cleaner fixes it right up.

Only happens when she was stopped. Battery gauge is all the way down when stopped. Nothing has been done to the dash at all. The CD flickered off, then switched over to radio, then the ABS light came on afterwards.

The dash lights were flickering with no set pattern, and the daytime running lights switched off.

Battery or belt if original, connectors at the battery or the cables. Many people have reported odd things occurring when the battery is going bad.

Narrowed it down to the alternator. I charged the battery, went for a drive, then the battery gauge continually dropped, and the motor started chugging. Gave it some gas, it came back, then died out permanently.