Dash warning light bulb size

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
I'm going to be tearing into the dash tomorrow to replace a few #194s that have burnt out in the dash and A/C controls and while I'm in there I want to replace the warning light for the brake system (red lamp for low fluid/parking brake) since it too has burned out. I'm not sure if the warning lights are #194s or not and something tells me that they are smaller.

Anyone replaced one in the past?

Thanks for any help, I've searched the owners manual (worthless), '02 Workshop manual, EVTM, the web, etc. and have come up empty handed...

Mark

Just following up for future searches/info for those that need to replace any of the small warning light bulbs in the dash cluster. It is a #74 bulb for the smaller sockets such as "Check Fuel Cap", "Door Ajar", and so forth...

BTW, the bulb tested good, it was the parking brake switch on the floor behind the pedal sticking! :rolleyes:

Mark

Oh, you're cruisin' buddy... :lol:

I figured the way Dawn's Trac has been eating light bulbs it was for sure the bulb...

Besides, with mom's taxi I'm lucky to get 10 minutes in it to diagnose anything!

Mark

I once tried to find replacement HVAC bulbs, but could not. Pep Boys had the right style, but not one small enough. I drove all over for them dang bulbs.

They must have changed it since our '02's HVAC uses only two #194s...

Finally installed the new center dash trim and OE fog light switch too!

Mark