Day Trip to Nelson Ledges

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
I'm on vacation this week. We took the kids to Nelson Kennedy Ledges State Park (right down the road from us) Had a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I've ever been to that park, looks nice though.

the Ledges in Hinckley park and the Cuyahoga Valley Nat. park I've been to for sure.

I was recently at the race track for a SCCA Club Race. We had a great time.

Bart, odds are you drove right past the house my wife grew up in if you coming from Warren to Nelson Ledges.

Tom

We go there often, probably 2 to 4 times a year.

Did you make it to the "Witches Kitchen"? It used to be called The Devils something and at one point Hells Something. But,,, to be closer to correct it is cold there so they got rid of the name plus made it a bit more family friendly.

Many people miss it as it is down pretty deep within the various walls and what not.

Great place to visit. you can easily spend the day there if you want to.

We normally pack a big picnic lunch, go hiking, come back and eat the lunch and relax for a bit, then head home...

The devil's icebox is still called the devil's icebox. The sign is still there and the maps show it as well. There's also the Devil's Hole, Dwarf's Pass, Old Maid's Kitchen and Cascade Falls.Click this link to view a map of the trails.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the correct name.... Ice box.

Years ago it was Hells Kitchen. I started going there when I was8 or 9 years old. That was32 ish years ago...

Just visited there with the family 2 weeks ago - went camping down the road from there.

The place has changed a lot since I used to go there 35 years ago as a kid.

Still a great place to go hiking - took my 5 year old twins - they loved it.