Daytona 500,,, 2010

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LaRue?

Is this something you would like to go to?

My brother in law delivers their fuel. He gets treated pretty well. They go every other year. The odd years they give out the tickets which are VIP tickets, pit passes and tent passes.

If so, let me see if he is using them this year.

That would be fantastic! I would love to go with or without LaRue. lol J/K:smile0006::smile0015::smile0014:

Last edited by a moderator:
we've never been to a race there. we've only seen the place,,, man that would/could be so awesome

:smile0007:

I would love to go with or without LaRue. lol J/K

Rose, your cool. I wish my ex had been that way. She had no intrest in any racing sports. She always wanted to drive the performance cars I built though...LOL

we've never been to a race there. we've only seen the place,,,

LaRue, if your nice maybe Rose will take with her...LOL

My wife and I go to the Daytona 500 and the 400 EVERY year. My pops and I then pick a different track to go to every year and camp out (boys weekend) and watch every race there plus the practices and the quals, always a great time. In 2008 we hit Bristol night race in August and in 2009 we hit Atlanta on Labor Day weekend (first night race at ATL). We had pit passes to ATL and I got pictures of all the drivers and cars, met a few drivers, met Lagano, who oddly enough is like 6'2 and a 100 lbs soaking wet. Our driver is Kenseth, so we were happy with him winning Daytona 500 last year, even if it was rain shortened. Also at ATL I got to meet the entire Kenseth Pit Crew, got to go up on the pit box before the race and met the "Cat in The Hat" Jack Roush, nice guy.

This year the boys weekend will probably be Darlington. Love the racing. And of course the wife and I will be there at Daytona for both races, tailgating in the Trac.

Of the mega sporting events, Daytona 500 would be my pick. The NFL Super Bowl, MLB World Series, NBA Finals, PGA Masters, or U.S Open, included.

Unfortunately, it is the furthest possible distance from me in the U.S., almost 5K, from Hawaii. Would love to attend the Las Vegas race in Feburary or Fontana, Ca. event in October.

Lived in So Cali in the late Seventies thru mid Eighties. Attended four CART Long Beach Gran Prix, and two California 500's at the old Ontario Motor Speedway.

The best times of CART, with the Unser's, Andretti's, Foyt's, etc. All that's changed. No form of auto racing more competitive, or colorful, than NASCAR today, IMO.

Been to the second Pocono race every year since 1986. Went to both Bristol races in '08, the August race in '09 plus the drags in May. Most years I go to the fall Charlotte race with some of my wife's former coworker...motorhome, infield, inside Turn 4. This past year Richard Petty almost ran me over on his scooter. :smile0006:

I love Nascar, pro football, college basketball and pro baseball. I grew up with 4 brothers. Dad loved baseball and I was daddy's little girl, so baseball was my first love.

We have been to Darlington several times, since it's down the road 40 minutes away, Martinsville, Charlotte and Phoenix.

Coastie if you could hook us up, that would be an ultimate dream for me.

Rose,,,

I will contact him through the weekend and see if they are planning on going.

It also includes a spot in the center if you have an RV as well as a room. It sounds like there is a room right there if I understood him, but I do not know the layout so I am not sure. If there are rooms on location that can see the track then that is what they are based on his description.

Latest posts