Deep scratch pic - repair help.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
I just went down to the parking garage and took a pic of the deep scratch that I couldn't get fixed with the Simoniz Fix It. Not the best pic -- used my phone camera underground with poor lighting.

I was planning on using the touch-up paint, using enough coats to make it level, then when completely dried, use the Fix It again to "blend" it into the surrounding paint. Does anyone have a different, and most likely, bettier plan?

Thanks in advance for the constructive input.

[Broken External Image]:

edit: the black line going across is not a scratch, but a reflection of the crack in the garage!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a guy here that I use for stuff like that. I imagine you can find one in your area. He airbrushes stuff like that in and then removes the overspray. It'll still be there, but almost impossible to notice, and for about 25% of the cost of a full repaint.

Thanks guys for the input. I have a couple of contacts locally that can possibly do what you are suggesting, Dingo.

Considering where it was yesterday to this morning, it's 100% better. There was another scratch immediately in front of this one (not as deep) that you'd wouldn't notice.

Only way to properly repair that damage,is to fill it, sand it, prime it, paint it, blend it, than clear it.

No amt of touch-up paint or easy fix it stuff will make it look good, but if your happy with just okayish, go for it.

Latest posts