difference between XLT and XLS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xls has different wheels, Small console with removable bag, No cruise control, no leather option, No rear air/heat, no rear audio controls 0n 10-03 models.

My old '05 was a Base XLT which had the short console with the bag, no fog lights, step bars, had the smaller 235/70-16 tires (white lettered).

An XLS has no cruise, no tilt, no keyless entry touchpad, and blackwall 235/70-16 tires only.

Nor were any of those things optional.

My XLT has everthing but leather.

It has the console that runs all the way to the dash, which I really like.

That's why I'm dragging my feet on buying a 07-08. Not much storage, floor shift, and the center stack protrudes into the passenger space way too much. When I sat in the Adrenalin at the car show recently, I noticed that my knee was up against the center stack, although the seat may have been too far forward, but the power wasn't on and I couldn't adjust it. When I drove a 08 Limited recently, it was a cold day and I noticed the heating vent was roasting my right foot. What's up with that? :huh:

Difference in my '04 was the basic XLT came standard w/power mirrors, remote keyless,

tilt wheel, speed control and floor mats....MSRP XLS $24,533...XLT $25,595.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an xlt and an xlt premium. There were still somethings on the premium that were optional, Leather and moon roof were two. The premium came with the high series console. Not sure if it was an option on xls or xlt standard. There were many thing standard on the xlt premium, that were options on others.

edit; '04 and '05 xlt premium came with body color painted clading..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've checked Edmunds and posted a comparison of STANDARD equipment to a spreadsheet in my library. You can see exactly what came with each of the 6 model's available. This does NOT include an options list, just what came with the XLS, XLT, or Adrenilin versions in 2wd and 4x4...enjoy:D

I've checked Edmunds and posted a comparison of STANDARD equipment to a spreadsheet in my library. You can see exactly what came with each of the 6 model's available. This does NOT include an options list, just what came with the XLS, XLT, or Adrenilin versions in 2wd and 4x4...enjoy:D (NOTE: I only checked the 2005 model year...)

Thanks Steve. That looks pretty accurate although it does not make a difference between the Base XLT and XLT Premium.

To the best of my knowledge, at least in '05 the XLT Premium added fog lights, step bars, five-spoke wheels, larger 255/70-16 tires, 4.10 axle, and full-length console.

The XLS and base XLT had smaller 235/70-16 tires and a 3.73 axle.

To the best of my knowledge, the only options available in '05 on the XLS were the bed extender and limited-slip axle.

I got a Base XLT in '05 because I did not want step bars. I would have saved a few bucks and got an XLS but it did not come with cruise, not was it an option.

I had an XLT Adrenalin ('03). I had the bigger tires, full console, rear HVAC controls, step bars, thumbprint wheels, fog lights, 4.10 axle, cruise, moonroof, etc.

I'v never heard of one, but (accordng to the title) my 2003 is an XST. It has leather heated seats, moonroof, big, bagless center console, 6 CD changer. I suppose there might be a VIN decoder that I could use to tell exactly what it is?