DMH Performance - Electric Exhaust Cut-Out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos STA

Reaction score
2.5" Installed for 2 weeks in an 08 STA along with Magnaflow mufflers and got too much complaining from the family (and this is with the cut-out closed!). Original wiring and instructions still in box.

Check out www.Dmhperformance.com for more info.

$80

973-449-2843

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe tomorrow I'll get a sound clip for him. I've got one with a turndown under the cab.

I'm seriously thinking about this mod but I'm not sure how it would fare here in upstate, NY. I'm not even sure I'd gain any power with it's use being that I've already got a Magnaflow system in my truck. If I had the stock exhaust I'm sure the gain over stock would be huge.

We need some pics and more info!

Due to the loudness of it the sound will make it seem like your going faster.....

They are cool for shows and messing with imports.....

Todd Z

ditto...that is the one I used as well. Positioned the dump facing the outside and slightly downward, didn't even need a tip on it. The mounting bracket is not welded in so you have the flexibility to position the cut out valve any position you want (i.e. best to make sure the motor is tucked up a little instead of hanging down)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing with this part yet. I wanted to test in on my truck before getting one for Amanda's WRX. My exhaust parts cost considerably less than hers so if there is a problem I could figure it out without costing a ton of money.

At the same time her exhaust is very restrictive. Even the new on I bought her (delivered 20min ago) will be restrictive. So this would be perfect for her and that's what I originally had in mind when I started looking at these.

So far all the research I've done shows that this product will do considerably more on a turbo vehicle than on my truck since my Magnaflow system is straight through and free flowing already.

Either way, great gadget to own at a great price!

Latest posts