Dodge Nitro

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I like the looks of the Nitro. It is a RWD vehicle, based off the liberty, and available all the way up to 260 hp. That's a lot of guts for what appears to be a pretty small vehicle. I've read a few reviews and from what I've read the R/T is really the only one worth looking at. Too bad they cost so much, they look badass and I bet they're a little safer then the ST. I'm thinking about replacing the ST with something that has more safety features, but that's the soon-to-be-parent talking.

I built 2, both 2wd, a cheapie, okay equipped at 21k

and an RT at 28,000. Those are not outrageous prices, since reviews are good.

Unfortunately, I am prohibited from liking any new Chrysler products due to all of the bad experiences with my Durango. No matter how cool they look.

I have never owned a more unreliable vehicle. Although recent tranny issues with my Trac have got me thinking there is a Toyota or Nissan in my future............

[Broken External Image]:

To me the Nitro looks like a Jeep Liberty with a mid 80's Dodge Caravan nose. But that's just my un-asked for opinion. :D If someone likes it, cool, I wish them all the best with it, really :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are purchasing one as soon as the R/T is available, already have it in the works. Up here in Canada the R/T isnt available untill late Jan or Early Feb we've been told.

It looks good from the outside, but sucks as far as room on the inside, I have very small feet, size 7 and there is not enought room. I feet almost touch together because there is no room to spread them. I sat in it for about 3 mins and couldnt handle it

Duece

Well, dispite the panels it's still a Jeep and I've yet to see a Jeep with good interior room. I guess I didn't think of that, and for the price I'd probably get a charger instead.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLfhHyxwNK8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLfhHyxwNK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I liked them until I saw them on the lot Sunday (when the salesmen were off). Looks good outside but not so sure of the interior.

But I thought they came in 4WD too? Guess I was wrong. Not the first time nor the last.