Does Gen 2(2007) 4.0l have a IAC motor?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
Looking all over my 07 4.0l SportTrac Limited trying to find the IAC motor. I can't find it and the Ford parts website does not list one so.....maybe I got lucky and the Gen 2 V6 does not have one??

Anyone know for sure....

Steve

No external IAC used with electronic throttle control. (Throttle by wire)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

My problem is from a stop to a slow, gradual acceleration my 07 4.0 seems to slightly pulse instead of smoothly and gradually accelerating. I thought it might be the IAC motor. The engine is well-tuned, the MAF sensor is clean, etc. The throttle body plate is clean.

My next step is to remove the gas pedal...maybe contacts or something needs a electrical spray cleaning.

remember the threads that referred to this being a transmission issue - many people went back to Ford over and over again but it never was cured from the factory. It can be custom programmer to fix if you know a guy that is a whiz with the Ford drive computer -

I have owned 2 Gen 2 V8's with the 6 spd trans. I had to deal with those 1-2 and 2-1 shift issues. I have never heard of similar trouble with the Gen 2 4.0 V6 trans.

Mine has the pulsing problem regardless of whether I am using with stock tunes or the Torrie tunes I use.

Ahhh the bump. I get the 2-1 bump to the point I give a little extra space when approaching a turn lane or stop light. Feels like it surges through the brake for a second.

I wish there was a manual option.