Door Actuator - Need Details on Repairing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxer Boys

Reaction score
I have seen the posts about repairing the door actuators with a nut and bolt. I have removed the door panel and can't seem to find where this bolt (rivet) goes? I have even taken apart my other door (which works), but can't seem to see any differences.

Does anyone have any descriptive guidance on where this connection should be made? Does anyone by chance have pictures.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The rivet passes thru from the outside of the door into the inside of the door and thru the bracket that holds the actuator.

You will find it below the latch assembly in the side of the door so to speak.

The rivet either comes loose or breaks free from the door normally. When this happens, the entire actuator moves up and down, (bracket and all) since there rivet is no longer holding it secure to the door.

You will need to replace this rivet and secure the bracket to the door or use 1/4 inch nut and bolt to do the job.

Thanks for the information. I am wondering if my problem is something else then. The bracket looks intact and connected just fine. On the side of the door, I hae 3 screws and that is about it. They all look intact and connected.

I'll double check tomorrow. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

I thought my back door had something wrong with it. I seems that my 8 year old can't pull the handle hard enough to open it. I took the door apart because I though the child lock wasn't working. Nothing wrong inside, just a little teaching involved. These latches are not really Built Ford Tough.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Rich was it the back passenger side door,because mine is a bit harder to open,just wondering if it is a common thing. Ron

The actuator can also pop out of the bracket on one side. If this happens, it is still attached but twists and moves during operation and "almost" works the lock properly.

Watch the actuator when you hit the lock / unlock button and see if it is moving about.

Latest posts