Door Inop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
For some reason my driver side door will not unlock with the key. If I enter the code it unlocks all the locks but that one door. I took the door panel off and noticed that one of the springs in the latch assembly is busted, now all of the sudden I cannot open the door from the inside either. Forcing me to use the passenger door to get in and out. I needed to find out prices for exterior door(black) interior door and latch assembly. Leaving the country in about three weeks so dont wont to leave my wife hurting on this.

I had to ge mine replaced, i dont hav ethe answer for you but the dealer will. Its also a good idea to WD40 your locks every season... it cant hurt it

Well the funny thing is I never actually use the key, I tried to use the key after the door would not unlock with the code, but all the other doors would open.

Just to clarify for anyone who has the prices I was looking for the door handle exterior and interior. Think I forgot to specify which part

Thanks though Big D

I used my key the other day for the first time in a VERY long time. It was very difficult to turn the lock, I had to play with it alot. Might be a good idea to test it on both doors. They both work fine now, but it could have been UGLY.

I had same problem, but with drivers side rear door. I got the assymbly for $30 from the dealer and took me about an hour to install.

Latest posts