door lock problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
drivers door lock does not pop up like it should, all other doors operate properly. So when I use either my hand held opener or the Ford hands free on the door the lock is very temperamental only opening after 6 to 10 tries, kinda sucks during a nice illinois snow storm trying to get in my truck

any ideas?

* Door Lock Actuator

* Door Lock itself or

* Door Lock Cylinder

and would this be a DIY project?

thanks

i had a similar problem, i opened up the door panel and found that the door actuator had detached from the door itself, so i brought it to the dealer and they re-installed the rivet that holds the actuator to the door and it worked fine,charged about 30 bucks. try taking the plastic panel off and look around in there see if anything is loose, its only held on with 3 screws and plastic holders all around the edge, simple to remove.

The bad rivet is the common problem with the St.....

My 04 had the issue with the pass side door, it was a bad actuator.... I spray lubed everything, got it working and sold the truck..LOL

Todd Z

my driver door lock has made a buzzing sound at times. For about 2yrs, but it always works. I will wait till it fails.