door Lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a problem, my 01 sport trac locks are acting up. I can lock from the driver side only. Passenger side, keypad, and key fob will all unlock but none will lock. I also turned auto lock back on and I don't think that is working. I have checked all the doors for for broken wires. I have replaced the "RAP" module. This is driving me crazy any ideas would be appreciated.:banghead:

I had a problem a few years ago with similar symptoms, and it was a mechanical failure in the door panel lock assembly. Don't remember the specifics but the doors (both fronts) would only do one or the other. this was in about 2010 on my 02. I'd look inside and see what you find, especially if you had the autolock feature on for a number of years.

BigT thanks for the reply I'll have to get in and look at that. I've almost pulled the whole interior out looking for broken wires and relays. Would your door lock still if it was mechanical?

Remove the passenger door panel to diagnose. My guess would be the door latch with a broken internal spring. Unbolt the window channel

guide and take a close look at all rod linkages. Just went through this frustration and decided to replace both front latches and lock actuators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats whats weird is it'll lock when I push the drivers lock switch but nothing will happen when I push the passenger switch lock, keypad lock, or key fob. I was thinking if it was mechanical it wouldn't work at all. Love the ideas I'm open to any suggestions.

I can lock from the driver side only.

Sorry, misread and overlooked "from". Sounds electrical, definitely not my forte'. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys after a long day yesterday in the garage and retracing wires and doing a more thorough continuity test i found the problem. On the drivers side rear where they all join the wires had become corroded and snapped. Reconnected and electrical taped the crap out of it. Hope this helps if anyone else has this problem.

Latest posts