Door locks not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Herrera

Reaction score
Ok, I changed out my stock speakers and those are all nice and work fine...but now the door lock button doesn't work on the driver’s door. I can get all the doors to lock with the button but they will not unlock. I have never come across this problem before. Is there a way to determine if it’s the relay or the switch (the button you actually push on) itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you put everything back together correctly. i would check that before I go any further.

Tom

yes, I took everything apart and put it all back together twice to make sure everything was back together correctly. Like I said, i can get all the doors to lock but they will not unlock.

I would guess relay first, sounds like it is working, but just partially. I am NO expert though, just from the osunds of it sounds like something I learned in class about how it can power one way, but not the other if it has to do with the relay due to a break in the path. Good luck and keep us posted:)

yes, they work with the fob...I'm thinking its the button you actually push on....but I've never taken this apart before and I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it. Are there any instructions on its disassembly?

If the fob works normal, I would point at either the switch or the circuit. Possibly a wire is not making contact.

Tom

Latest posts