Door Locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a problem with 3 of my door locks. The passenger side front only locks if you manually with force push down on it while lifting the outside handle. I have 2 other locks that berly open at all. I have given up using the convienent key fob and have to struggle with these at all times. Any suggestions??? Please help I would like to fix this problem myself if I can. Thanks :angry:

Simple fix maybe you need to pull door panels and lubricate linkage..other than that maybe lock motors or worn linkage..good luck

Have you checked the rivets that hold the lock solenoid inside the door? I remember reading about this on previous posts that they would come loose and the power lock would not operate properly. You might be able to search for it. Just a thought! .....

Found it....Seach:Front Door Actuator Problem

Last edited by a moderator:
My driver side front door lock was acting up a while back. Sounds similar to what you are describing. I took it to ford and they had to replace the latch. the inner parts were worn out and binding up, not allowing the lock to actually move. Dont know if this is your problem, but it cost me 100 bucks to have it fixed on one door, and only 30 of that was labor. ;)

I have the same problem with two of my doors on my 04. Haven't made it to the shop yet to get it fixed, but I'd call the local dealer and see if there is a TSB or recall for this so you don't have to pay to have it fixed.