Door locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Heim

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2001 STand I am having problems with the door locks. Every time I kill the engine I have to hit the unlock button to unlock the other three doors. This is a nusance when i come back to the truck on the passenger side and cannot get in the truck. Is there a way to change this. Any info would help. Thanks ahead of time.:angry:

The Trac is nmot set to activate auto unlock. On my 01 I put a micro switch that activated the unlock module every time you put it in park. Took some time setting it up but it was nice once I got it adjuted correctly.

Added a relay to do the job. There is a project to do it. Not to hard. Check projects under Electrical and then Auto door unlock..

For me and my wifes safety, I like that the doors stay locked until Iam ready to unlock them....:)

Hi Steve,

I felt the same way when I bought my ST. I had a Viper alarm system installed which took care of that problem. When I start the engine, if all the doors are closed, all the locks will be activated automatically and when I turn the engine off all the locks are de-activated. That way before I drive off all the doors are closed.

Otherwise the operation of the locks are not affected. At work, so I cannot send details of the alarm system.

PJ.