door question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom ringler

Reaction score
I am having a couple issues i need some help with.

1. The drivers door will lock/unlock with key but not the key fob

2. The front passenger door is hard to open from the outside. I mean you have to lift hard on the handle and pull.

3. Rear passenger door wont open from inside. The handle on the door is not flush against the panel i am thinking that the handle is bad.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

you need to pull the door panels. Driver door has abad solenoid or needs linkage lubed or repaired.

Passenger door most likly the handle is bad. Not completely pulling release linkage. Common problem on both issues for '01 to '05. Also common for the rear inside handle to break off.

You need to finnish your profile so we know what year you have. It helps us help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

I forgot to mention that the drivers door will unlock with the key fob and when i hit the lock button the door does nothing but the horn sounds like normal

Agree with Eddie, only way to diagnose is by removing the panels.

Very important to lift UP to clear the front panel tabs by the mirrors.

Update

I took and sprayed all he latches with grease and now the passenger front dooropens easy. I replaced the inside door handle on the back door and it works fine now that i took the child lock off . Still need to figure out the front drivers door problem.

Latest posts