Door remote, Panic alarm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My horn started beeping on and off by itself while parked in my driveway. No one was around it and I do not have a security alarm. It was the same sound as when you hold the panic button on the door remote. I could not turn if off with the remote. I had to put the key in and start the truck. This is the first time that this happened.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what this means? The remotes battery seems fine because I can lock and unlock the doors with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were the keys and fob at the time it went off? In your pocket?

I have a problem with mine going off(especially my wife's Monte Carlo SS). If they are in my jeans pocket and I stoop to get something, the other keys will press the little red button and set the panic alarm off. I also have the tendancy to remote pop the trunk.

On my old Grand Prix GT, with a remote starter, I even started it a couple times and that requires 2 pushes of the same button. This could explain your issue though.

Good luck,

Gary G:)

If you start having other electrical glitches, have the tracs battery checked. Our gen 1 tracs seem to do some strange things, when the battery starts to go.

Gary G,

My keys were on my dresser in my bedroom which is located at the back of the house.

Fast Eddie,

I have a 2003 and the battery is less than a year old. It has not been giving me any kind of battery problem like slow cranking.

I hope is was a one time thing. ;)

Latest posts