Door Seal Replacements

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys....

Has anyone on here ever replaced the Door Seals on their GEN1? I find that after 6 years the wind noise has gotten alot louder plus I am noticing that when I open my rear doors after a really good rain the seals are leaking just alittle.

So I am wondering how hard it is to change all 4 door seals? and is it worth it??

Cheers

Whit

The early Tracs (01 to the early 03) had a different seal than the 04 up. You can add the 04 seal to the existing early 03 down without touching the original OEM seals. Virtually eliminates the air noise.

I did it to my mid-year 03 Trac and was very happy with the results..

There is a project for this.

Coastiejoe, I wanted to thank you for helping me and so many others here at this site, and I was wondering where might I get the replacement sela for the Gen 1 Tracs?

Got it, thanks. I have an 01 and I want to do the front doors, is replacing the seals as simple as pulling the old ones out and pushing the new one in?

There is a known issue with the gen2 seals and my Ford dealer replaced mine under warranty due to wind noise.

Again GEN 1 2004.

Front Door seals... is it worth me changing them?? Can I do it myself?? and will it make any kind of difference??

Has anyone done it before? on a GEN 1 2004.

Chris

You just pull them off and stick them back on. Probably the easiest think you will do to it. You have to pull up the edges of the door sill panels but that's easy, no tools required.

Worth it? If yours are shot = ripped/torn, probably is and will make a difference.

Sorry I didn't answer your questions above. But,,, as expected,,, others stepped in..

I was in Amsterdam for 4 days...

As mentioned, it is an easy project and worth doing.

Also worth mentioning, if you shop the salvage yard specials, is there IS a difference in the seals and I'm not sure where the design changes. I got a set off of a 2004-2005, not sure which and when I went to install them the trim over the drivers door would not fit back in it's proper place, mine is a 2002. I had to get a different set AND a new trim piece since I stupidly applied the "if-it-don't-fit-force-it" technique when trying to install the later model stuff. I would "guess" they changed in 2003.

Last edited by a moderator: