DORMAN driveshaft

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My drive shaft is supposed to be there Tuesday. 🙏🤞

There is a sway bar link needing replaces on the rear, am having both put on. I had the front 2 replaced after I bought it.
That way I know it's fixed.

The shop I use, I go and get cars/trucks from auction, and do dealer trades for them. I NEVER take a check, just have whatever it pays put on an account, and use the account for oil changes. tire rotations, and repairs.

They are either gonna love ya or hate you after this...lol

The new shaft arrived today, hopefully it will be put in tomorrow!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Hi...RB. I hope this one works out for you 😊😊😊

I went and did a dealer trade today for the shop. I drove home a 2024 Expedition King Ranch. The KR stickered for over $88K.

Nice ride, but I'd rather have my STA back.

Lots of money for any vehicle...😮

I drive by the parking lot at the local high school, and just shake my head, at the diesel trucks the students drive.

Having worked as a service writer for a FORD dealership, I KNOW that the students are NOT paying for a oil change on these vehicle. An average of 13 qts of oil, filter, DEF, fuel filters, you're looking at $300-$325 per oil change. I don't believe the student is paying for them.

IMO, the trucks are a status symbol. I know my folks would NOT of paid for my oil changes !!!!!!!

O.K., I'm off my soapbox for now. LOL

The shop was going to pull mu STA in today, when some people that were traveling to Arizona had a problem. Their AC quit working, and they have 3 days to get there to attend their son's wedding.

SO, how does that affect me?? The shop has an AC compressor there that was ordered for a car on the lot that is for sale.

I told the shop to put mine on hold and to get those folks fixed and on the road !!! I / WE own 4 FORD trucks, so I'm not out of wheels. The people were appreciative of letting the shop work on their vehicle and get them to their son's wedding.

They offered to take my wife and I out for supper, but I thanked them, and told them to pay their bill, and that we were good.

They talked to the owner, and he told them that I use to work for him as a service writer, and he'd seen me do stuff like that before. ( I told the owner he owed me a beer !!! )

I'm not telling this story to make me look good, just telling it because it allowed me to do what I consider a good deed for a person in a bind.

{I still can't hardly wait to ger my STA back}

FWIW

Just let us know when you get shafted. :)

The shop was going to pull mu STA in today, when some people that were traveling to Arizona had a problem. Their AC quit working, and they have 3 days to get there to attend their son's wedding.

SO, how does that affect me?? The shop has an AC compressor there that was ordered for a car on the lot that is for sale.

I told the shop to put mine on hold and to get those folks fixed and on the road !!! I / WE own 4 FORD trucks, so I'm not out of wheels. The people were appreciative of letting the shop work on their vehicle and get them to their son's wedding.

They offered to take my wife and I out for supper, but I thanked them, and told them to pay their bill, and that we were good.

They talked to the owner, and he told them that I use to work for him as a service writer, and he'd seen me do stuff like that before. ( I told the owner he owed me a beer !!! )

I'm not telling this story to make me look good, just telling it because it allowed me to do what I consider a good deed for a person in a bind.

{I still can't hardly wait to ger my STA back}

FWIW
I've spent 40 years in the automotive industry and that's always the way I tried to treat people. regardless of the reputation that we get in automotive, the vast majority of people are great people that just want to help. thank you for sharing a good story. it's good to start a day that way.

In about 42 minutes my wife will give me a ride to get my STA back with new drive shaft and 2 new sway bar links.

Have missed my truck !!!!!!

Will report back on how it drives tonight.

Am keeping the old drive shaft. I want to look it over, and see if it can be turned into a serviceable shaft. If nothing else, I'll scrap it out.

I hope your little truck is like new...mine is so much better... Only thing is I had s roaring noise that I just assumed was coming from the bad carrier bearing...new shaft in... didn't change the roar at all. I raised it up and checked for any play and found none. I was thinking maybe I had a wheel bearing going bad. I replaced the left one a little over a year ago...both feel fine but I was told there's not always play connected with a wheel bearing so we going to put it up with me in it and put it in gear and check it that way. Maybe my guy can find out what it is. Who knows...it may be my front drive shaft...😧😧😧

Got my truck back. So far so good. Smooth and quiet. Both rear sway bar links replaced. I don't know whether to keep it, that maybe someone could take it, and have it redone or not. My first guess is that it would possibly cost more than it would be worth. IDK.

Toss it and walk away

That's what I figured. I've got some metal to scrap, so will scrap this too.

Hey guys...I'm probably older than you and I remember back bout a hundred years ago 😀 the guys would make big exhaust pipes out the rear end of their rides with old drive shafts. Painted them black and went cruising 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts