Driver door lock switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Ok, I got around to testing the switch. I tested the driver door switch from the back side of the jack. It works.I can lock them. But i still cannot unlock the doors with the drivers swicth. I can lock and unlock the doors from the fob, keyless entry and the pasenger door.

So I must have a broken wire in the harness from the driver door. Is the harness jacked in at he kick panel or under the dash somwhere?? Hoping to save some time on tracing this out.

Thanks, Eddie

If your test results are true (that the switch functions for both lock and unlock, but doesn't unlock the lock and that the solenoid works), it seems that there is a disconnect ... somewhere.

If you are lucky, the wiring goes from the switch directly to the solenoid and not through the dash and or other places. If so, test the continuity of the wire from the switch to the solenoid. If not, you're going to have to check the continuity between the switch and the solenoid and, if bad, trace bit by bit until you find the bad connection or broken wire.

Latest posts