Driver Side Seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an '02 ST. I'm a rather large fella. Probably close to three bills. As of late I have noticed that my seatback won't latch at the top position. (where i like it) it goes back 2 or 3 before latching I think I have broken it. Also the foam seems to be broken down right above the reclining lever. This is posing a problem getting out. It sure does hurt catching my leg on that lever every time. Can i get these things fix? new latching mechanism and foam? If I decide to replace the seat which one will bolt on? I've searched posts and seem to be confused. I read some that say most explorer seat bolt on, then others that say only ST seats fit. Any input would be great. thanks

Don't know,

But my power switches don't work any more and I have foam coming out in the same place you described. I'm also a big guy and just chock it up to 7 years of wear and tear.

If the parts are still available from ford, Yes you can....

I have rebuilt many seats...

Call our Ford dealer, they can help you out..

Todd Z

Maybe a auto upholstry shop can assist in a stronger rebuild. I have heard of it being done. Or it might be cheaper to find a seat from a salvage yard.